I love all of her stories Victoria Hislop
- The Island
- The Return (based in Spain)
- The Thread
- The Sunrise
- Carte Postales
- Those that are loved
- (Short story – One Cretan evening and other short stories)
- (Short story – The last dance and other short stories)
- Above is a list that I have read so far except Those that are loved as I couldn’t find it when I went looking for it yesterday. I admire the fact that she loved the story of the island of Spinalonga so much that not only did she feel compelled to write a novel about leprosy but also learnt Greek.
I too have learnt Greek as my recent outing to Lefkás town has given me a much needed confidence boost in that I can speak and understand the language in real time as far as shop and restaurant talk goes.
- I write books too and one day hope to be as successful as she is. Here are my books :-
- How I learnt Greek
- How to communicate with your autistic child
- Greek life
- How to improve your Greek
- How to learn any language
- A life of Halcyon Days
- A Life of Ice and Fire
I hope you enjoy reading these recommendations
She is part of my foreigners who have become interested and or benefited Greece in some ways series.
Other series include Greek Poets, Authors, Musicians, Famous Greeks and Rural Villages in Lefkás. All the links can be found here Series links.