I has just finished Cork Dork by Bianca Bosker on Blinkist and it made me think of the wine tasting I had been on when I was on the cruise in the Canary Islands and the many wine tastings that I had attended in Greece. They do all follow the same guidelines of
- Observing the colour of the wine,
- Swirling the glass to check the viscosity of the liquid – the more slowly it drops down the glass the better the quality,
- The smell of the wine to appreciate its aroma – this builds appetite for the wine to come,
- The tasting of the wine by sipping – allowing it to run all over your mouth so that all areas of your tongue can appreciate the liquid and finally
- The mouthfeel of the wine itself – is it light, medium or full bodied.
- I thought since drinking alcohol is such a big part of being an adult this needed to be included in the Thriving Autistic Adult Series